COVID-19 | Updates
Temporarily Pausing Browsing and Computer Services
Our commitment to the health and safety of our patrons and our staff will always be our first priority. To mitigate the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), and in compliance with the Stay at Home Advisory for Franklin County, Ohio, we are temporarily pausing in-building computer and browsing services effective November 21, 2020.
Please note that while our building is closed, your library is still here for you. Curbside Pickup and Home Delivery (within the 43209 zip code) services will continue, and our robust variety of online programs, resources, and services will continue to be available anytime at BexleyLibrary.org as well as our social media channels. Our Service Hours are as follows:
- Curbside Pickup:
- Home Delivery to 43209:
- Phone Service Hours
- Monday - Thursday 10am-7pm
- Friday – Saturday 10am-6pm
- Notary Service via Curbside Pickup:
Contactless Home Delivery | 43209 Zip Code Only
You can now have your library materials delivered to your home. Place your holds online through our catalog
or over the phone.
To use this service:
- Call (614) 231-2793 during our current library hours and speak with a staff member. At which time we will:
- Verify your address and contact information
- Affirm your reserve(s) status.
- Advise you on your delivery window and the type of drop you would most prefer.
- You can also use our online form to request delivery service.
- Home Delivery is not currently a subscription service.
- Each request for delivery must be made individually.
Curbside Service with Print Pickup and Faxing
For print service through Curbside Service:
- Attach the files you wish to print to an email, and send it to email@example.com.
- You can get up to 10 black and white pages printed for free.
- Please include a phone number for a staff member to contact you.
- We will call you to notify you when your documents are printed and ready for pick up.
- When you arrive at the library, call (614) 231-2793, or ring our doorbell, and we will run the print job out to you.
- If you have any questions, please call (614) 231-2793.
For fax service through Curbside Service:
Patrons should bring materials to the Library, call (614) 231-2793 or ring the doorbell at the walk-up, and a library staff member will fill the request. Faxing is free with a 10 page limit.
Curbside Service & Extended Phone Hours
Starting on May 26, patrons can place holds on Bexley Public Library materials via the BPL website or by phoning a request to 614-231-2793.
Patrons will be notified once their materials are ready for pickup and will come to the Library parking lot, where BPL staff will safely deliver materials to them. Click here for more information on curbside service.
Curbside service and BPL phone hours will be offered regularly, Monday - Thursday from 10 am - 7 pm, Friday & Saturday, 10am - 6pm.
Bookdrop Now Open!
We are happy to announce that the drive-up bookdrop is now open for you to return your books, audiobooks, CDs, and DVDs. Please return board games or any larger, non-traditional library items (guitars, telescopes, birdwatching kits, ukuleles, etc) to the patio during our Curbside hours. Due to Covid-19, returned items are kept in quarantine for at least 96 hours before they are removed from patrons accounts.
Currently, all of our in-person events and programs might be cancelled, but you will find that Bexley Public Libraries digital doors are open with a varieity of new virtual programming. Check our Bexley@Home
webpage, visit us on Facebook
, or tune-in to our YouTube channel
for storytimes, book chats and informational videos.
Free WiFi Extended to Parking Lot
We have extended and strengthed our WiFi access into the Bexley Public Library parking lot. Please feel free to use the library’s WiFi in the parking lot on your personal devices.